[squid-users] Problem to set up multi-cpu multi-ports squid 3.3.12

From: Patrick Chemla <patrick.chemla_at_performance-managers.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 18:30:39 +0300

Hi,

I have a multi-ports config of squid running from version 3.1.19
upgraded to 3.3.12. Working like a charm, but the traffic is reaching
one cpu limit.

I want to use SMP capabilities with SMP workers on my 8 cpus/64G mem
Fedora 20 box.

I saw in the
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SmpScale#What_can_workers_share.3F
that workers can share http_ports, right?

When I run with workers 1 , I can see the squid-1 process listen on the
designed port with netstat.

When I run with workers greater than 1, I can see processes squid-1,
squid-2... squid-n with ps -ef|fgrep squid, but not any process
listening to any tcp port with netstat -apn (I see all processes
listening to udp ports).

I can't find any configuration example featuring SMP workers capability
for squid 3.3.12, including http_ports lines.

Could any one help me there?

Thanks a lot
Patrick