Re: [squid-users] Re: Configuring WCCPv2, Mask Assignment

From: Squid user <squiduser2014_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 16:02:07 +0200

Hi Amos.

Understood... thanks.

Then I think the names of the flags are a bit misleading:
they all end with "_hash", even if mask assignment is used.

Also, with respect to that fixed mask, 0x1741 .... I know that is the
default value, but it then means that there is no way to use a different
mask.

If the number of cache-engines is low, one could think on having a mask
of just 1 or 2 bits for instance, so that the processing time at the
router is minimized.

What do you think?

Thanks.