Re: [squid-users] Simple content "filter" by external program

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 00:43:35 +0300

Hey,

There are couple things:
- What you want
- What you need
- What you can
all these ends with "to do"!

If you want a stdin\stdout interface... you can try to build one inside
squid.
I would not recommend this since the ICAP protocol is designed just for
the sole purpose of your specific need...

There is no need for a whole ICAP "infrastructure", it's only a small
service that does what you need and want in the best way compared to
stdin\stdout and many others.

If the only thing you need is one strreplace it even simpler.
There is a nice ICAP service which called GeasySpoon which is no longer
maintained but still is one of the best open source ICAP service
platforms there is.
You can write a tiny script in JAVA\JS\JRUBY to make this one little
strreplace.

It's pretty simple but if you do not have the basic knowledge for the
task you should consider learning a bit.
It's not always that easy but compared to "just using stdin..." which is
ridiculously inferior it's the best option you have.

Also with GeasySpoon you don't need to learn the whole ICAP specs and
just use the service web interface to code your script for content
manipulation.

All The Bests,
Eliezer