RE: [squid-users] Anybody using squid on openWRT ?

From: James Harper <james_at_ejbdigital.com.au>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 12:46:22 +0000

> Just trying to use offic. package for openWRT, which is based on squid2.7
> only.
> Having detected some DNS-issues, does anybody use squid on openWRT,
> and which squid version ?

I am using squid on a buffalo router on openwrt attitude adjustment (whatever squid version comes with that).

I only authenticate by IP address and by time of day.

Haven't seen any DNS issues. What sort of DNS issues are you seeing? And are you sure they are with squid?

I have configured squid on the router to not cache, but it always forwards to a server which does do caching (that server isn't on all the time though, in which case squid fails over to go direct).

James