Re: [squid-users] Re: Filter squid cached files to multiple cache dirs

From: Antony Stone <Antony.Stone_at_squid.open.source.it>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 18:09:03 +0200

On Saturday 23 August 2014 at 17:55:26 (EU time), babajaga wrote:

> In the past, with older squids, there was a bug regarding a conflict with
> the general parm maximum_object_size
>
> regarding the sequence (may be: value ?) of cache_dir max-size and
> max_obj_size.

No, it was the sequence they appeared in the config file.

> Can't exactly remember, think, max_obj_ has to be before cache_dir in
> squid.conf, imposing the highest limit.
> Should not contradict cache_dir max-size.

http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/201404/0159.html

So, just to be on the safe side (I don't know in which Squid version this bug
was fixed), if you have a maximum_object_size parameter in your configuration
file, make sure it occurs before the definition of your cache_dir definitions.

Antony.

--
BASIC is to computer languages what Roman numerals are to arithmetic.
                                                   Please reply to the list;