[squid-users] Re: Filter squid cached files to multiple cache dirs

From: dxun <dxun77_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 11:06:27 -0700 (PDT)

So, to sum it all up (please correct me if I'm wrong) - it is possible to
have multiple cache_dirs AND instruct a single squid instance to place files
in those caches according to file size criteria using
min_file_size/max_file_size params on the cache_dir directive. Also,
maximum_object_size directive is basically a global max_file_size param
applied to all cache_dirs, so it has to be specified BEFORE any particular
cache_dir configuration.

If that is the case, I am wondering - is this separation actually
inadvisable for any reason? Is there a better way to separate files
according to their transiency and underlying data store speed? What would
you recommend?