[squid-users] Re: source address ip spoofing

From: Julian <icorduneanu_at_nwtel.ca>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 10:51:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Amos,

We turned off X-Forwarded-For/Via headers and the effect was quite opposite
we expected :(
Now if a host checks "What is my IP?" against any online website it shows
only the IP address of the Proxy Server.

What we want is exactly the opposite.
When a host checks their IP we want them to see their own IP with no show of
the Proxy Server IP.
This way we don't have to log the hosts access because they will identify to
any Internet Server with their own IP. We don't want our users to hide
behind Proxy IP.

Would this be possible when using wpad redirection?
Is there a way to make Squid completely spoof source IP and become
transparent for the users?

Thank you for your help,
Julian