Re: [squid-users] users proxy IP

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:54:15 +0100

Daniel Barron wrote:

> In message <c9b0cadb4a.squidusers@beebug.co.uk> you wrote:
> > Squid needs a flexible log format implementation similar to the "custom"
> > log format of Apache.
>
> It certainly does. It would be very useful.

In case there comes someone who like to implement a "custom" log format
for Squid, we have started to write down some specifications on
http://devel.squid-cache.org/customlog/

> > If you make a reasonable one it is very likely to get incorporated into
> > mainstream Squid.
>
> It is unlikely that I would be able to do this, mainly due to lack of spare
> time. But you never know.

Same as always for every one.

Squid is in quite strong need of additional development resources,
either directly by people getting involved in the development, or
indirectly one way or another to ensure the existing developers can
spend more of their time hacking on Squid. As said previously on this
list, almost all current development are need driven by the one having
the need. Things does not magically get done, someone has to do it.
Given the nature of things, this someone is not very likely to do it
unless he/she has a direct or indirect need get it done.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker