Re: [MEL-NAP] Putting AUIX local domains into squid

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 14:23:33 +0800 (HKT)

Hi,

Daniel O'Callaghan wrote:
> Your description of .ph is pretty normal I think, however, using
> traceroute is a bit kludgy.

It's the best I could think of for learning the "direction" a packet takes.

> Even using ping and reading the ttl of the return packet might be better.
> But my original idea was to get the list
> of nets/ASNs from InterNIC and have some sort of munging to say return the
> ASN of a given network. If you simply get the list and use it to stuff
> static routes into your host routing tables, you can then use the
> squid-routed, just the same as if you are using gated.

Right now, almost no one runs BGP (we will be doing the transition when we
upgrade our international lines next month). Also, most ISPs do not even have
"their own" IP space and get it from their ISPs - in fact two of the biggest
ISPs here use MCI CIDR blocks and thus fall under the MCI AS.

The PHIX is currently running on static routes, though this should change
in a month or two.

Regards,

--
miguel a.l. paraz  <map@iphil.net>                              +63-2-893-0850