Re: [MEL-NAP] Putting AUIX local domains into squid

From: Daniel O'Callaghan <danny@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 08:38:52 +1000 (EST)

[AUIX is a peering exchange in Australia]

On Mon, 31 Mar 1997, Matthew Bretherton wrote:

> I have a few options available
>
> 1. Pray for squid 1.1.9 to have bgp enabled :)
> wishful thinking but technically acurate

When I was at unimelb a year or so ago, on the squid devel group, I did
raise the possibility of having squid read the published list of ASNs to
determine how local a site was. It is still a good idea, but
unfortunately I don't have time to even contemplate development of it.

It should not actually take up too much mem, even with full tables: 40k
routes, each requiring 10 bytes (net, mask, asn) - 400 kbytes. Of course,
to speed lookups some sort of hashing would be required, which would
require more memory.

Danny