Re: update on 1.2

From: Arjan de Vet <Arjan.deVet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 20:37:51 +0100 (CET)

--MimeMultipartBoundary

Henrik Nordstrom:

>I agree on this. A shared CVS tree could help to speed up the development
>cycle, especially when Duane has a lot of other things to attend to.
>
>Does anybody know how others maintain shared CVS trees? What to look out
>for and similar?

AFAIK FreeBSD and INN (a.o.) use a single development machine for a limited
group of developers. The CVS tree is exported via CVSup, for more info have
a look at:

        http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook239.html

They both use a mailing list for the commit messages, also very useful.
Also have a look at:

        http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi

Newer versions of CVS also have support for distributed repositories but
I've never experimented with these.

Arjan

--MimeMultipartBoundary--