Re: Squid 1.2 beta 15 with latest patches (26 Feb 18:15 UTC)

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 22:10:43 -0700 (MST)

--MimeMultipartBoundary

On Mon, 2 Mar 1998, Stewart Forster wrote:

> After grabbing the beta15 source and applying the patch file, I find
> that HttpHeader.c is pretty well uncompilable.

Could you please specify the compiler/platform/etc you are using? Is it gcc?
I have not seen any warnings with gcc -Wall on FreeBSD, IRIX, HP-UX, and
OSF1. I will fix all gcc warnings with pleasure if I can reproduce them. And,
unfortunately, I cannot fix any bugs that I do not see.

You might want to consider sending me a copy of your compiler output.

> There are clashes against
> httpHeaderEntryInit() variable types, and may calls to this function are
> passing anything from field_store, to HttpHeaderExtField *, to int.

Which should be OK since the corresponding parameter of httpHeaderEntryInit()
is a union of all of those types. Well, at least my gcc eats it just fine. Of
course, some compilers/users might prefer (void *) and then type casting.. :)

> None
> of the field_store prototypes have been instantiated as pointers (not
> strictly required I know, but it is nice when understanding what the code
> is trying to do). Various functions are also trying to return a value type
> other than that declared in the prototype.

Not sure I understand exactly what you are talking about, but, I guess, it is
also some compiler compatibility thing. Please mail me your output so I can
see exactly what is going on.

Thank you,

Alex.

P.S. Also, please note that the patch announcement e-mail has warned you
about the patch code that has yet to be cleaned. :)

--MimeMultipartBoundary--