Re: Squid port to Windows NT

From: Jeroen Ruigrok <asmodai@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 23:55:48 +0100

--MimeMultipartBoundary

At 23:23 01-03-98 , you wrote:
>On Sun, 1 Mar 1998, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>Even if someone succed, it won't be a major win for squid for mainly 2
>reasons:
>
>1) The system call's latency will be far more superior than under many
>kind of Unix (between 3 and 5 times slower).
>
>2) Squid memory management under NT will probably be fun.
>
>I reclaim a mail from some working for Network Applicance saying it took
>them 6 months to port Harvest to NT. So does anybody volonter to devote =
as
>much time to port squid to NT ?

(jump)

Here's where I come in =3D)

I joined the Squid lists because I am going to try to port Squid to NT...
The Cygnus GnuWin32 SDK is in beta 19 state and appears to be able to por=
alot of programs...

I am a student CS and specializing in programming, databases and
networks... But unfortunately I have to relearn my C, and then C++... I
used to program C on the Amiga but it all fell back... Heh, and since we
use C and not Pascal =3D)

Ah well, I'm going to try it... I have some people to fall back on...

Any points of interest I might want to look into?

Thanks and untill later,

(for some lame reason I just entered Jean-Fran=E7ois' addy in my To: head=
er,
must've been long day =3D) my apologies)

--=20
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven / Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
ICQ-UIN: 1564317 .:. Computer Science student, aspiring MCP

Asmodai@IRC or DiVine@IRC
Operator on #ViRC on the UnderNet and Operator on http://www.chatsystems.=
com

--=3D[ ..::>Web Pages<::.. ]=3D--