connection reset by peer messages

From: Oskar Pearson <oskar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 23:42:53 +0200

--MimeMultipartBoundary

Hi

The most common query I get with the caches is the large number of
'connection reset by peer' messages when accessing large numbers of
sites.

I don't know if this is only under linux?

It used to be the message that the 'server refused connections', but
the retry-patch/1.2 fixed that... but it doesn't seem to have
fixed the reset message.

I can't track it down due to the large amount of data actually flowing
through the caches, but I was wondering if this message is generated
after the request starts (ie the cache is busy sending "GET / HTTP/1.1")
or if the actual 'connect()' fails.

Has anyone investigated this?

(this is again, almost always, on loaded IIS servers)

Oskar

---
"Haven't slept at all. I don't see why people insist on sleeping. You feel
so much better if you don't. And how can anyone want to lose a minute -
a single minute of being alive?"				-- Think Twice
--MimeMultipartBoundary--