Re: Netscape V3.0.x has persistent connection troubles with Squid 1.2

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 11:09:25 -0600 (MDT)

--MimeMultipartBoundary

On Sun, 24 May 1998, Stewart Forster wrote:

> The patch I sent simply ignores the Keep-Alive request directive
> coming from a Netscape 3 client, but allows persistant connections between
> all other kinds of caches/proxies/browsers.

Hm, perhaps I've missed something, but if your decision to ignore
"keep-alive" is based on User-Agent header alone, then _all_ proxies in the
request processing chain will ignore "keep-alive" because User-Agent is
passed through by a proxy unchanged. You might distinguish between
Proxy-Connection and Connection headers somehow (assuming clients never send
Proxy-Connection), but I doubt it is a robust solution.

Alex.

--MimeMultipartBoundary--