Re: Proposed refresh algorithm changes

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 01:34:16 +0200

Duane Wessels wrote:

> I thought we would call that
>
> violate_http_rfc_refresh_rules_pattern

I kinf of like what I did in my last 1.1.22 patch..

refresh_pattern http://www.microsoft.com 60 20% 4320 override-expires

What I do not like is how I stored the flag (I negated the min value,
which is ugly and does not work for everyone). The structure should be
extended with a flag for this purpose, and possibly more as people find
ways they'd like to tweak things. One additional flag that immediately
pops into my mind is to override last-modified but not expired
(override-modified ?).

I have planned on doing things proper in a 1.2beta patch, but have had
no time to do it yet.

/Henrik