Re: push caching and squid

From: miguel a.l. paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 18:38:09 +0800

Hello,

On Mon, Oct 05, 1998 at 01:46:01PM -0400, Vikas wrote:

> I am working fora satellite communications compnay, Media4.
> I am looking at push caching as a means to provide easily accessible
> cache at the client sites, that can be pushed into by the server at
> the head end. I was wondering if you have any suggestions for me to
> look at before I delved into it. I am looking at Squid code, and
> modifying it to receive multicast of pushed pages.

I already started on this before, but then I stopped development.
The main idea was, because of the structure of the Squid code, you cannot
simply connect to a server and then put an objcet. Instead, what I did
was to send a new ICP codeI created that means "please get this object from
me."

> also, the documentation on squid code seems incomplete on the web. is
> it possible to get more docs anywhere??

That's about it. But for Squid development, be sure to join the
squid-dev mailing list.

Regards,

--
Miguel A.L. Paraz 					+63-2-750-2288