Re: Squid 2.2?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 09:18:43 +0100

Duane Wessels wrote:

> Henrik Nordstrom writes:
>
> >How are things going with 2.2?
>
> better.
>
> I made two big changes that took a long time to work out.
>
> First is supporting ONLY-IF-CACHED. Generalized as retrying
> requests with 5xx error codes.
>
> Second is storeAbort. Entries are now aborted by storeUnregister()
> if all store clients disappear.
>
> I'm running 2.2 on my caches now, and hitting a few assertions
> occasionally. Its probably suitable for a prerelease though.
>
> I'm sure you have 100+ patches I didn't get to yet.

I couldn't find these in the changelog:

squid-2.1.PATCH2.detailed_loop_logging.patch
Squid-2.1.PATCH2: Detailed loop logging
Provide detailed logging on cache state when a request loop is detected.
[probably should be added, but with lower log levels]

squid-2.1.PATCH2.via_hierarchy_comment-2.patch
Squid-2.1.PATCH2: Add hierarchy status to Via: header
Add hierarchy status to Via header, to aid in locating why forwarding
loops occurs.
[point patch. Should be configurable if added]

squid-2.1.PATCH2.tcp-banger2_http_status.patch
Squid-2.1.PATCH2: Make tcp-banger2 warn on unexpected replies
Make tcp-banger2 a little bit more picky on which HTTP replies it
blindly accepts, mainly to detect cache generated error pages.

squid-2.1.PATCH2.asyncio-2.patch
Squid-2.1.PATCH2: Some more async-io fixes
This fixes a number of other problems with async-io,including temporary
lockups, fluctuating disk usage and running out of file descriptors.

squid-2.1.PATCH2.async_lost_files.patch
If squid was shutdown when there was active clients or store maintaince
running then any pending async-io operations was silently dropped,
corrupting the store.

squid-2.1.PATCH2.client_cache-control_no-cache.patch
Squid-2.1.PATCH2: Client side Cache-Control: no-cache
Obey any Cache-Control: no-cache sent by the client.

squid-2.1.PATCH2.acl_proxy_auth_users-2.patch
Squid-2.1.PATCH2: proxy_auth ignored user list
The proxy_auth acl ignored any user list restrictions specified in
squid.conf. This patch does the final transformation of proxy_auth to a
real ACL type, allowing allows and denials as any other ACL type.

squid-2.1.PATCH2.pinglist_to_peer_domain.patch
Squid-2.1.PATCH2: change peer->pinglist to peer->peer_domain
change peer->pinglist to peer->cache_domain to make it easier to
understand what it is (cache_peer_domain)

squid-2.1.PATCH2.mem_no_high_low.patch
Squid-2.1.PATCH2: cache_mem has no high/low water marks
Remove the last traces of cache_mem high/low water marks

squid-2.1.PATCH2.broken_cgi.patch
Squid-2.1.PATCH2: broken_cgi acl
This replaces persistent_client_posts with a ACL for controlling if
Squid should send CRLF after PUT/POST requests.
[also needs a ACL for controlling persistent connection usage. Skip this
patch until then]

squid-2.1.PATCH2.ftp_control_leak.patch
Squid-2.1.PATCH2: Fix for a filedescriptor leak on non-anonymous FTP
Fix for a file descriptor leak on non-anonymous ftp
(ftp://user@host/...)

squid-2.1.PATCH1.cache_control_max_age.patch
Squid-2.1.PATCH1: Fix client-side Cache-control: max-age
Client-side Cache-Control: max-age has been broken some time (including
all Squid 2 releases) due to other code changes.

squid-2.1.PATCH1.cachemgr_acl_refresh.patch
Squid-2.1.PATCH1: Cachemgr option to refresh ACL lists
Cachemgr option to refresh ACL lists. Especially useful if you use the
"include file" method for defining ACL lists, and you don't want to do a
full reconfigure of Squid each time you change the list. It is also
useful if you need to refresh IP addresses of src or dst lists after you
have updated your DNS server and/or host table.

squid-2.1.RELEASE.empty_CWD-2.patch
Squid-2.1.RELEASE: FTP // path</STRONG>
Translate FTP path // to a empty CWD command as defined by RFC 1738, but
with a small derivation ("CWD" instead of "CWD ") to make it work with
current FTP practice.

squid-2.1.RELEASE.empty_type_d.patch
Squid-2.1.RELEASE: Handle empty dir;type=d directories
Properly handle empty_dir;type=d directory listings (== show FTP server
error message). Squid got confused and showed a standard listing of the
previous directory.

squid-2.1.PRE4.ftp_connect_error.patch
Squid-2.1.PRE4: Show FTP connection refused
Show server error message when a FTP server refuses to accept a
connection (usually due to to many users).
[there still seems to be some problems of this kind, even after this
patch]

squid-2.0.RELEASE.cachemgr_proxy_auth.patch
Squid-2.0.RELEASE: Make cachemgr send proxy authentication
Make cachemgr send proxy authentication header, to enable it to be used
when proxy_auth is enforced.

/Henrik