Re: Frequency-based replacement and store_avg_object_size

From: John Dilley <jad@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 11:09:31 -0800

> My vote would be:
> - make default value for squid.conf variable "undefined"
> - if the actual value is undefined, use hard coded policy value
> - if the actual value is defined, use that value

I can live with this, as long as there are comments in the config file
describing what the proper setting "should" be for the different policies. I
can understand wanting this to be configurable for those sites where the
workload is well known and the admin wants the ability to fine tune (like to
make avg small enough to prevent crashes!)

> Still unakamaized Alex.

We'll have to work on you! Those sales guys are always looking for new leads
:)

-- jad --
John Dilley
jad@akamai.com