Re: Squid NTLM authentication

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 19:35:00 +0800

On Tue, Apr 11, 2000, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Hi Andy.
>
> I haven't heard from you lately, or seen any commits of the stuff you
> had written.
>
> How are things going?
>
> There are demands on providing NTLM authentication, and I think I know
> exacöy what your problem with PUT/POST is. Each PUT/POST request carries
> a request-entity (content-length and data), but Squid isn't paying
> proper attention to this, and mistakenly starts to read it as the next
> request after the authentication failure.
>
> In my "reference" patch section I have a patch which changes request
> processing to a design where it is quite obvious how to fix this. The
> patch is the two patches in "Patches on hold".. the descriptions talks
> about FTP PUT, but it is really a major change in request entity
> processing to put the request entity logic in client_side.c, entirely
> killing the pump.c module.
>
> I will consider reactivating this patch. I still do not like pump.c and
> the odd request-entity dependencies there are between client_side.c,
> pump.c and ftp.c.

I've just thrown in another copy-kill - client_side.c . I think however
that if you have patches like this, we're going to have to work a little
more closely together, or we are both going to have a codebase
merge nightmare on our hands.

I'll look at merging the modio code into the latest squid-dev and
stick that back in the modio branch. I will take a look at your
patch to kill pump.c and try to merge that in too. I'm just scared
that this is going to become a nightmare too quickly. :-)

Adrian