Re: Squid NTLM authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 23:13:08 +0200

Hi Andy.

I haven't heard from you lately, or seen any commits of the stuff you
had written.

How are things going?

There are demands on providing NTLM authentication, and I think I know
exacöy what your problem with PUT/POST is. Each PUT/POST request carries
a request-entity (content-length and data), but Squid isn't paying
proper attention to this, and mistakenly starts to read it as the next
request after the authentication failure.

In my "reference" patch section I have a patch which changes request
processing to a design where it is quite obvious how to fix this. The
patch is the two patches in "Patches on hold".. the descriptions talks
about FTP PUT, but it is really a major change in request entity
processing to put the request entity logic in client_side.c, entirely
killing the pump.c module.

I will consider reactivating this patch. I still do not like pump.c and
the odd request-entity dependencies there are between client_side.c,
pump.c and ftp.c.

/Henrik