Re: comm code breakout

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 22:37:18 +0200

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Benno and I have been working on tidying up the comm code so new comm
> loops can be introduced and the existing loops can be optimised.
> The patchset and new files which go into src/ can be found at
> http://www.creative.net.au/squid/patches/comm/ . It breaks out
> poll and select loops into two seperate files, and adds a new
> one to support the new FreeBSD kqueue code in FreeBSD-current.
> The select and poll code seem to work fine here, and I'm currently
> trying to track down some bugs in the kqueue code

Great.

Hmm.. why are you not using the sourceforge CVS for this?

> I'd like people to look at it and comment on it. I would like to
> commit this code as soon as possible so work can be done on
> fixing kqueue and optimising the poll code.

Looks good. However there are some confusion about the
quick_comm_poll_required() call. It is a generic call and applies to all
methods, not only poll. It's use is to notify the
comm_select/poll/whatever code that the filesystem callbacks needs to
be called often and hence the comm_select/poll/whatever loop cannot use
a long timeout.

/Henrik