Silence; Hope; Loss; squid-docs.sourceforge.net

From: Oskar Pearson <oskar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 01:32:39 +0200

Heya all

I wouldn't be surprised if some of you don't remember all my
bothersome silly questions. Hah: newbies ;)

To the remainder of you... missed you SOBs lots :)

It's been a long year: I've been working at getting our company
off the ground. During that stage I dropped the Squid book,
and the copyright has since been returned to me. It's been a
while, but I've finally made the time needed to get the 'as is/
completely rotten/perhaps useful' version of the documents into an
online-accessible form (previously they were written in... um...
troff..)

I spent a looooong time writing a makeshift troff -> docbook
converter. There were lots of bugs, and if you look at the docbook
source... (feeling brave?) it shows (don't look at the comment tags
;)

I've put out the current version on
http://squid-docs.sourceforge.net/

I'd appreciate comments.

The sourceforge page (with bug tracker and the like) is at:
http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=5117

I plan on letting the world at large know about it in a few days..
once I have the project-side of things sorted out.

If you want sourceforge access to the project, just mail me
back. Currently there's no CVS tree (yet), so I don't think you'll
be able to do much... but that'll happen soon: this weekend,
probably.

There are numerous formats available: docbook/sgml source (the
real source files...), html, rtf, and latex. I haven't managed
to get latex output yet (and thus neither ps and pdf output is
available...) since it requires some interesting latex changes. If
you want to fiddle with the docbook source... good luck. Once I
have some time I'll put up some docs on the DTDs/Jade
setup/command-lines etc.

Oskar

---
"The best weapon of a dictatorship is secrecy, but the best weapon of
a democracy should be the weapon of openness."		--Niels Bohr