Re: Silence; Hope; Loss; squid-docs.sourceforge.net

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 22:40:00 +0200

Oskar Pearson wrote:

> It's been a long year: I've been working at getting our company
> off the ground. During that stage I dropped the Squid book,
> and the copyright has since been returned to me. It's been a
> while, but I've finally made the time needed to get the 'as is/
> completely rotten/perhaps useful' version of the documents into an
> online-accessible form (previously they were written in... um...
> troff..)

I had begun wondering what happened with that book.

> I've put out the current version on
> http://squid-docs.sourceforge.net/

Great. I took the liberty to add a link to it from squid.sourceforge.net
;-)

> I'd appreciate comments.

A very good initiative.

Have to read it first before I can comment on the actual contents.

> If you want sourceforge access to the project, just mail me
> back. Currently there's no CVS tree (yet), so I don't think you'll
> be able to do much... but that'll happen soon: this weekend,
> probably.

Sure. My SourceForge name is surprisingly "hno" ;-) (a silly id I know,
but it sort of got stuck as my userid some years ago)

If you need any help with SourceForge or CVS just ask. My personal
recommendation is to put as much as possible under the control of CVS,
even the web site (well, perhaps not content derived from other sources
in the CVS).

In the Squid SourceForge project we have two CVS modules, one for Squid
developments and one for the squid.sourceforge.net web site. The live
web site is then updated from a cron job run once/hour.

A CVS commit mailing list is also recommended once there are more than
one person working in the CVS tree.

/Henrik