Re: Alternative Squid Filesystem

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 03:17:35 +0800

On Sat, May 27, 2000, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Found this lying around in a pool of old emails, not sure if I have
> responded.
>
> Your ideas seems very similar to the ideas I was toying around with some
> year ago. Part of it has been implemented by Eric Stern in the COSS
> object storage available in the current Squid CVS sources.
>
> For an archive of old notes see http://squid.sourceforge.net/hno/

The difference here is that the object store being proposed isn't an
exact LRU, its an average LRU. I actually like the idea. After some more
preparation work is done with the current codebase so it will benefit
from this kind of filesystem.

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			Build a man a fire, and he's warm for the
<adrian@creative.net.au>	rest of the evening. Set a man on fire and