Re: Deferred reads

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 19:35:07 +0800

On Sat, Jun 03, 2000, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> > we try to write to a client. If that succeeds also, we have a very
> > fast forward of data, if it does not succeed, we just skip to the
> > next receiving FD and return to that one in the next loop run.
>
> Didn't you se the message about comm_read/write?
>
> My idea is that poll() should only be called for if it is known that the
> filedescriptor is "blocking".

Eek. I just realised something - it would probably speed things up
considerably if in comm_write() commHandleWrite() was called to try
and write data to the socket. Chances are it can .. or at least write
some of the pending data. BUT I have this niggling feeling in the back
of my head somewhere that if I call commHandleWrite() during comm_write()
and the write completes/CWCB gets called and data is freed before
comm_write() completes, some code could possibly become very very confused.

Hrm, it was a fun idea.

--
Adrian Chadd			Build a man a fire, and he's warm for the
<adrian@creative.net.au>	rest of the evening. Set a man on fire and