Re: Updated squid 2.3 stable 3 for cygwin

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 23:13:34 +0200

Robert Collins wrote:

> My sourceforge user code is RBCollins. Do I have write access to the
> cygwin branch?

You do now (well, it might take a couple of hours until it is effective,
you have officially been given the needed permissions)

Tools you need to have on your end:
1. CVS
2. SSH v1 (get OpenSSH if your don't have a SSH client)

You gain access to the cygwin branch by

CVS_RSH=ssh
export CVS_RSH
cvs -d RBCollins@cvs.squid.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/squid co -r cygwin
-d squid-cygwin squid

This creates a working directory squid-cygwin from where you can do cvs
checkin and al the other fun business. The CVS_RSH variable must be set
when accessing the repository, or CVS won't know what to do.

You are allowed to do mostly anything you like as long as you restrict
your actions to the cygwin branch, but I would prefer if you kept it
free from unrelated changes. Later merging into the HEAD version easier
that way..

I will try to keep the branch up to date with the current Squid sources
for you, and notify you if there has been any changes which might be in
danger of affecting the cygwin port..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker