Re: Updated squid 2.3 stable 3 for cygwin

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 01:08:25 +0200

Robert Collins wrote:

> Thanks, I presume the branch was split off 2.4dev?

Yes, only that I would not say it is split off from it. Based on
2.4.DEVEL is a better wording in this context, as the branch point is a
moving target and not a static revision.

CVS can make life a lot easier when used properly according to the
context. The only apparent thing missing in the construct used for the
Squid CVS repository on SourceForge is easy access to the history where
changes has been propagated in the branch tree, but this is really a
minor issue. All who need access to the current Squid sources for their
modifications/extensions have it, and that is the most important thing.

Note: The context of the SourceForge Squid CVS repository is to maintain
modifications/extensions to Squid until committed into the main Squid
release, not to maintain modified Squid versions.

/Henrik