Re: Updated squid 2.3 stable 3 for cygwin

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 07:59:12 +0200

cvs commit

it only saves changes to the files checked out, not any new files.

If you have created a new file which you also wants to have version
controlled, then you must add it to the branch with

cvs add filename

and then run "cvs commit" to save the file.

A recommendation is to build in a separate directory if possible
(requires GNU make or another make understanding VPATH). This way it is
more obvious what files have been created and possibly needs to be added
with cvs add as CVS prints out the names of "unknown" files it finds in
the source tree, and if you have built the binaries in the same
directory then a lot of "unknown" files are there making it hard to spot
those added source files you have forgot about.

How to: Run the configure script from the directory where you want to
build the binary. I.e. if you have /source/squid-cygwin, from any other
directory created for the build, run "/source/squid-cygwin/configure
--prefix=...", then make and so on as usual.

To clean up the source tree you can run "make distclean".

Yes, I'd prefer if code or coding related discussions are at least Cc:
to squid-dev@squid-cache.org, including CVS related issues.

/Henrik