RE: patch: -S auto-fixing

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:09:42 +0200

> On Tue, Oct 17, 2000, Robert Collins wrote:
> > Hi
> > the inserted patch changes store_rebuild to unlink entries
> that are faulty
> > during a -S check, and report the errors rather than asserting.
> > I tested it out by removing fiels, I haven't verified
> against incorrect
> > length (should work though).
> >
> > I also haven't tested it in a big chache where requests are
> coming in during
> > the process. It should work though as the faulty entries
> are never marked as
> > validated.
> >
> > Rob
>
> Hrm, ok. Kinkie - have you tested this out yet ?

no. I am in the middle of squid-unrelated problems
(plus I am about to submit a WORKING patch for
splay-trees-based http_access ACLs - it's given
my site an estimate 25% performance boost - I have
it on my production servers).

I'll have a look at it, but I belive that the shutdown-clean
check is more important. It would mean that there would be
much less need for this thingie :-)

--
	/kinkie