Re: MemPools rewrite

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 23:36:51 +0100

Alex Rousskov wrote:

> Is memory-resident StoreEntry for each object eliminated with
> reiserfs? If yes, that's very cool, and I am obviously way behind on
> the developments.

Yes. But as of yet it is done in a quite crude way. Adrian has volunteer
to look into the store interface if a good design can be found for
supporting stores where a in-core index is not needed.

However, for the reiserfs_raw (aka butterfly) store, as there is no
in-core index at all there is a farily big penalty for misses in
querying the disk storage to see if it could be a hit..

/Henrik