Re: SSL- Squid - proxy!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 23:43:13 +0100

Paul Boyer wrote:

> Many thanks for pointing me to the good direction, Henrik.
>
> This looks pretty much excatly what I have been looking for for some
> time ;-)

Good.

> The code looks good, but I'm not easy with OpenSSL (I would have
> written it either, huh !)

So what is your problem with using OpenSSL?

The code should work with any SSL library using the same interface, and
I guess it should not be that hard to port to another SSL library even
if the interface is slightly differnt..

> Do you have any feed back of production use on heavy traffic sites or
> is it still early beta ?

It is in early beta.

> Do you plan to merge it with the mainstream code so day ?

My goal is to merge it into Squid-2.5 or shortly there after, but it is
a bit too early to say exacly when this will happen. Currently we are a
bit busy with getting Squid-2.4 off the ground..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker