Re: MemPools rewrite

From: Stephen R. van den Berg <srb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 17:50:00 +0100

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>I am sorry and ashamed to say this, but your work has simply been
>forgotten.

Admitting it is the first step :-). I didn't have (and still don't
have) the time to keep relentlessly promoting my patches. Apparently
they didn't sound sexy enough when I announced them :-).

>imported your patch into the CVS repository there under the Squid-2.2
>branch name "bugless-2.2" to make sure it does not get forgotten again.

Thanks. Actually, I hope others will benefit from it.

>You are most welcome to create yourself an SourceForge account and join
>squid.sourceforge.net

Just did so. I have to admit that the sourceforge environment looks
a bit too slick for my taste (I'm just a humble codewriter :-).

> to continue maintaining your work, and perhaps
>help in porting it in pieces to the current Squid version. If you are

It has to happen anyway now, since the current squid is way too memory
hungry for my production environment.

>interested in this, create yourself an account, and send your user-id to
>this list and you will be given access to the SF CVS tree.

My brandnew Sourceforge userid: BuGless

--
Sincerely,                                                          srb@cuci.nl
           Stephen R. van den Berg (AKA BuGless).