RE: stuff to go into squid 2.5

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 15:18:54 +0100

> Ok,
>
> Now is the time to decide which stuff should go into squid-2.5
> (ie squid-HEAD.) I won't be committing it straight away, since
> I'd like to give the 2.4 branch time to be tested and apply
> those same fixes to HEAD before a whole lot of new stuff goes
> in to confuse everyone.
>
> So, what would people like to see in squid-HEAD in my first
> mega-patch-run scheduled for the next couple of weeks?
> I could just do a mega-mega-mega-run and incorporate everything,
> but I'd rather bring things in a little more sanely and give
> people time to test it.
>
> Besides fixing the rebuild stuff to satisfy everyone and be
> released ready for squid 2.4, I'd personally like to first
> import the cbdata+mempool changes Moez coded for squidng.
> I'm going to have a hell of a time seperating them out over
> the next few days, but once I have posted patches I think you'll
> agree that they're rather sexy.

About the stuff I've done, I think that splay-userauth
should be painless (could you have a look at it to decide
whether it's kosher, plase?). I'd like to see NTLM-auth,
but Henrik mentioned stuff that's been on the wait-queue for
quite some time.

Whatever we put in, I suggest to keep the list short, in order
to have a short development cycle (4-6 months maybe?)

--
	/kinkie