ntlm & auth_rewrite

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 12:39:58 +1100

After merging all of auth_rewrite into ntlm I removed auth_rewrite and
recreated it from the ntlm branch.

I've now completed all the crucial parts of splitting the authentication
system into modules a la repl and fs.

The bits that are left, and might be nice to do are:
* alter the parsing of authentication helpers config lines so they
include the scheme, instead of a different config entry for each scheme.
* move the scheme specific structs into each scheme, and just add
another level of redirection in the acl_proxy_auth_user struct.
* rename acl_proxy_auth_user to be more accurate: it's really just
auth_user_t - as it applies equally to proxy auth and www auth, and is
not an ACL structure.

I'd like to move the relationship between ntlm and auth_rewrite around,
so that NTLM becomes a branch off from auth_rewrite. This would allow:
* development on other auth schemes would not depend on ntlm
* the auth_rewrite changes and henrik's replacement to pump.c could be
tested and merged upwards without needing the ntlm code to be out of
beta.

And finally I'd like to suggest that the auth_rewrite (minus ntlm) be
included in 2.5 or 2.6.

Rob