Re: ntlm & auth_rewrite

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 16:10:15 +0800

On Fri, Nov 24, 2000, Robert Collins wrote:
> After merging all of auth_rewrite into ntlm I removed auth_rewrite and
> recreated it from the ntlm branch.
>
> I've now completed all the crucial parts of splitting the authentication
> system into modules a la repl and fs.

Neat!

> I'd like to move the relationship between ntlm and auth_rewrite around,
> so that NTLM becomes a branch off from auth_rewrite. This would allow:
> * development on other auth schemes would not depend on ntlm
> * the auth_rewrite changes and henrik's replacement to pump.c could be
> tested and merged upwards without needing the ntlm code to be out of
> beta.

Well, if you think you can do it, go ahead. I don't want to break CVS
*that* badly before he gets back.

> And finally I'd like to suggest that the auth_rewrite (minus ntlm) be
> included in 2.5 or 2.6.

Once that fs bug has been licked from squid-2.4 and the codebase is stable,
I *will* start bringing across sourceforge stuff. The reason that I haven't
already done this is because that aborted client bug is classified by me
as "serious" and I'd rather solve that before introducing any more possible
gotchas in the squid-HEAD source.

Unless anyone really objects, I'd like to merge:

* Benno's SSL acceleration (when he updates it :)
* the NTLM/auth rewrite
* kinkie's ACL changes
* Moez's memory+cbdata speedups
* Andres' chunked mempools code

The trick is to get it all in without causing major headaches in the
merge process, so as I've said before I'm going to bring in Moez's memory
changes first, force you all to merge it in to your branches and then
commit stuff. (Yes, that might suck, but you all know your branches
better than I..)

Anyway, , lets sort out that FS bug. I'm testing some diskd changes
right now and I'll finish them up tonight. Henrik is probably the best
person to do the asyncio changes, but he's not around. :-)

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"God: Damn! I left pot everywhere!
<adrian@creative.net.au>	  Now I'll have to create Republicans!"