Re: cvs question - off topic

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:53:11 +0100

Robert Collins wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> just a _silly_ CVS question.
>
> In the auth_rewrite branch I added a directory tree src/auth with cvs add
> from my working directory.
>
> It's added ok, but the files in it are showing as being in the Attic. What
> can I do to move them out of the Attic.. (just for the auth_rewrite branch).

You can't. CVS keeps all files not on the HEAD version in the attic. It
is an optimization to speed up checkouts of the HEAD revision, which is
normally the most common CVS version (except for squid.sourceforge.net).

It should not matter much in real life, except for the note in cvsweb
that the file is in the attic.

/Henrik