Re: Someone stomping on our memory

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 14:42:09 +0100

Stephen R. van den Berg wrote:

> > Perhaps you would care to take 2.4 and review you changes, and extract
> > those that could fix any bugs we've missed?
>
> I will, as soon as I can spare some time.

Would be very good indeed. Processing a huge patch to a older Squid
version is a quite hard job if you are not familar with what problems
the patch is patching...

Smaller isolated snippets is a lot easier, but the problem is to tell
what is small interesting snippets and what is part of a larger picture
without being familar with the design of the larger picure(s) involved
in the patch..

So at a minimum, try to split it into
a) bugfixes
b) The larger picure(s)