Re: storeGet() -> storeGetPublic() ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 23:21:29 +0100

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Nope. I'm not aiming to reduce the footprint. I'm aiming
> to allow different types of filesystems to be implemented.

And I can only second Adrian in this. What our discussions are aiming at
is making it possible to make the tradeoff by having different
implementations.

Squid of today has made the tradeoff "lots of memory for good ICP
performance and simple removal policy implementations". While this is a
good alternative for ICP heavy servers it surely does not fit the
majority of the Squid installations who at most query a parent..

By having different implementations our aim is that Squid should be able
to support both cases in an efficient manner.

/Henrik