Digest auth

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 23:21:30 +1100

Well it's stable as far as I can tell. It shouldn't be easily hackable or chew up much in the way of memory or resources, and should
not crash.

If anyone wants to look over it please use the diff
http://squid.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/diff/auth_digest?auth_rewrite
.

The transfer encoding side of things is not done yet, but the auth_digest code is ready. I just need to #undef a function and insert
a test for chunking being present and it will be complete. Transfer encoding is _not_ needed for rfc2617 compliance, it is only
needed for message body signing, which I'm not implementing at this point (it's a optional feature).

Unless I hear objections I'll merge this up to auth_rewrite tomorrow afternoon (Sydney time). From there when Duane/Henrik/Adrian
are happy(, and I've done whatever's need to make them happy :] ) I'd love for it to go into HEAD.

In terms of backends I've provided a sample backend, which

One issue: the copyright on the rfc 2617 sample implementation. I've copied it in this email: Duane - will this do?

Rob

<!--StartFragment-->+/* The source in this file is derived from the reference implementation
+ * in RFC 2617.
+ * RFC 2617 is Copyright (C) The Internet Society (1999). All Rights Reserved.
+ *
+ * The following copyright and licence statement covers all changes made to the
+ * reference implementation.
+ *
+ * Key changes were: alteration to a plain C layout.
+ * Create CvtBin function
+ * Allow CalcHA1 to make use of precaculated username:password:realm hash's
+ * to prevent squid knowing the users password (idea suggested in RFC 2617).
+ */
+
+
+/*
+ * $Id$
+ *
+ * DEBUG:
+ * AUTHOR: RFC 2617 & Robert Collins
+ *
+ * SQUID Internet Object Cache http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/
+ * ----------------------------------------------------------
+ *
+ * Squid is the result of efforts by numerous individuals from the
+ * Internet community. Development is led by Duane Wessels of the
+ * National Laboratory for Applied Network Research and funded by the
+ * National Science Foundation. Squid is Copyrighted (C) 1998 by
+ * the Regents of the University of California. Please see the
+ * COPYRIGHT file for full details. Squid incorporates software
+ * developed and/or copyrighted by other sources. Please see the
+ * CREDITS file for full details.
+ *
+ * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
+ * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
+ * the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
+ * (at your option) any later version.
+ *
+ * This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
+ * but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
+ * MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
+ * GNU General Public License for more details.
+ *
+ * You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
+ * along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
+ * Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111, USA.
+ *
+ */
+