Re: Vary, store interface

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:25:06 +0800

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
> > Ok. Well, how about some help cleaning up the storeLookup() interface
> > to modio? Modifying it to take a request_t and making *everything*
> > that uses it take a request_t would be a big plus, and it'll make
> > merging in your work much easier down the track. :)
>
> Sounds like a good idea, fully in line with what is needed for the next
> step, implementing full Vary support. Would also have the added benefit
> that the FS API more easily can be extended to allow for better ETag
> indexing if supported by the FS store.

Ok. I have to tidy up the reply object mechanism a little bit now - the
issue I have is that the network reply object can either have memory
or a network attached to it, and I am thinking that the store server
callback *was* on the right track for network IO. This means that
storeAppend() is going to become the "memory" front end, and the
"store server" mechanism will actually be handed a memory page to fill
in.

Can anyone else make it to the conference Henrik and now I are going to?

adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"Sex Change: a simple job of outside
<adrian@creative.net.au>	  to inside plumbing."