userlogging module?

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 23:18:25 +0800

Hi,

I've had a feature request from someone.

They'd like to be able to import the access.log info into an external
database. Instead of doing it by tail -f'ing the logfile or
periodically, they'd like to do it in real time.

They'd also like to be able to log the username in the access.log entries
when userauth is being used.

Now, I'm sure the latter is easy. However, the former sounds like a nifty
idea. I was thinking about breaking out the access.log code to use
an external helper (to keep the data serialised).

This has the added sideeffect of allowing us to implement async logging
since the log file write is in a different process.

What do people think?

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"Romance novel?"