Feature request noticed in bugzilla

From: David Luyer <david_luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 13:43:21 +1100

We have someone requesting to be able to select delay pools via TOS bits.
What that really means is they need an ACL which can select based on TOS
bits.

However I can't think how we would query the TOS bits on an incoming
socket; there must be a way... (and something better than watching the
incoming SYN's via a packet filter socket or receiving raw packets via
a raw socket at that :-). There's no match for "type of service" in the
libc info files on Linux or relevant man pages. I'd expect being able
to recvmsg with MSG_PEEK on the listening socket instead before doing
an accept() or something like that.

David.

--
David Luyer                                        Phone:   +61 3 9674 7525
Engineering Projects Manager   P A C I F I C       Fax:     +61 3 9699 8693