Re: WCCP v2 code posted.

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:21:33 -0500

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 19, 2001, Joe Cooper wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> A few other people wanted to take a look at the WCCP v2 code I've
>> mentioned a couple of times, so I've posted it to my patches page. Heed
>> the warnings there--it's not yet production caliber.
>

> Nifty.
>

>> I'll dig back into it very soon, but if you must have v2 sooner than
>> that, feel free to have a stab at it. I'll be happy to bow out and let
>> someone else do the work of porting it forward and cleaning it up (and
>> making v1 work again).
>>
>> http://www.swelltech.com/pengies/joe/patches
>

> Right. Is that wccp.c in the patch *just* for wccpv2? It sure
> looks that way to me.

Yeah, pretty much. v1 was killed in the battle (collateral damage, so
to speak). My plan is probably going to be to make WCCP v2 into it's
own file, wccp2.c, with it's own configuration directives--and bring v1
back to life by protecting the namespace of each and reinstating it as
wccp.c. Unless someone has a problem with that idea, it seems the
simplest to implement to my elementary programming mind.

> I'd offer to have a bash at this (and all the other cool stuff y'all
> have been doing lately) but work is keeping me busy.. :(

Me too! But I'll get back to it as soon as I can. I'm anxious to start
shipping with v2 available. It would be nice to even get some of the
features of v2 in there. (As I mentioned to you off list, Adrian,
multiple routers will be easy, I think...but beyond that things get
confusing.)
                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances