RE: CygWin Windows Service support released

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 11:10:52 +0200

> Also (I think it was) Duane didn't want new actions added to the
> cachemgr, so reconfiguring from there might not get into
> HEAD.

One of the things I'd like to do if I'll ever find the time
would be having some way to dynamically reconfigure portions of
Squid (via telnet/ssh). If I'll ever find the time to do that,
or if it's even possible :-)

IMO it would be a great project for those of us
building appliances :-)
I won't make any names, but NetCache has a CLI interface besides
the Web one (whoops, I did make a name after all ;P)

This would free the Cachemgr from being
a configuration tool, leaving it the job of status
inspection only.

Also, about the Cache Manager, maybe it could be interesting
to move its output to XML, having cachemgr.cgi or something
else do the XML->other format translation.

Yes, I have plenty of ideas, and entirely too little time to
implement them.

--
	/kinkie, who just discovered that writing mail over
          dial-up VNC is Bad(tm).