Re: Starting point for squid plug-in?

From: Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 19:16:01 +0100

Chris Wedgwood wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 09:55:28PM +0100, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
>
> > That draft is just about to expire, and has some
> > errors/ambiguities that would make it hard to implement from
> > the spec. There's a new one just published at
> > http://www.circlemud.org/~jelson/icap-1.72.txt which corrects
> > most/all the known issues.
>
> Network Appliance are already selling ICAP capable devices, it
> might be worht looking into what 'spec' they are using.

We are working to the above spec (our engineers have been working with
external iCAP server vendors to iron out final issues with the 1.0
protocol).

Note that the version I pointed out above has just been released and
hasn't undergone extensive peer-review, so if you have any doubts on
implementation, it's best to raise them on the iCAP mailing lists
(www.icap-forum.org) and get them clarified, rather than potentially
introduce inter-operability problems. Feedback is always welcome as
well of course.

Regards,
Anil

-- --