Re: squid-3

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 00:54:18 +0200

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Yeah, well, I've just ripped the bits from the eventio code you
> came up with a while back, and integrated it into a little network
> application library I'm writing.

The original simple one, or the refcounted buffer & fixed version in the
eventio branch?

The eventio branch has a fully functional network I/O layer, but the
branch got stuck because I made the layer the way I think it should be,
and ended up needing to clean up everything everything else in Squid
touching networking..

> Right. Again, I personally think we should build a proxy only around
> the request flow ideas robert and I have been working on.

Get the ideas documented then, and begin sketching on API interfaces
that should be used.

The request flow is a very basic component, and should be properly
documented BEFORE implemented.