Re: squid-2.4stable2 ?

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 23:08:27 -0500

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 19, 2001, Joe Cooper wrote:
>
>>Agreed, if for no other reason than to save me from having to argue with
>>folks that the daily snap of 2.4 is actually /more stable/ than the
>>STABLE release.
>>
>>It would save packagers trouble as well, since most OS packagers prefer
>>to start from a STABLE and then patch it with known bug fixes (it
>>doesn't bother me to build from a daily, but for many folks it
>>does--goes against policy, gives the impression of instability, or
>>whatever). Many little twiddly bits never become patches in the Squid
>>bug list...but they do go into the tree.
>>

> As the squid ports maintainer for FreeBSD, I agree. :-)
>
> Ok. So shall we go for a quick MFC run of code to squid24?
> For example, I can MFC the COSS changes, along with a file
> I have lying around explaining how to make it tick for
> testing.

If you'll document COSS (just the bare facts of configuration is fine),
I'll bang on it here on Linux kernel 2.2 and 2.4 with a few Polygraph runs.

Am I remembering/misremembering that you've made it asyncable? (Or
pretty close? I know I saw some async commits for COSS.)
                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances