Re: Release Schedule

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 22:50:12 -0600

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> My view:
>
> Squid-2.4: Release STABLE2 now.

Agreed.

> Squid-2.5: Mostly in feature freeze. The amount of changes is already
> huge, and should not be increased much furhter.

Agreed.

> Hmm.. lets see what we said some months ago:
>

> In the 2.5 queue:
>
> * chunked mempools
> * The TOS/sourceaddr stuff
> * multiple SSL certificates
> * automake
>
> Other possible candidates:
>
> * rproxy

I think the TOS/sourceaddr stuff should go in there rather quickly.
Its not that much of an obtrusive change.

Dunno about the rest though - I'd like to put in the chunked mempools
and profile the memory usage. Or, hrm. Andre - care to cvsmerge HEAD
the chunked mempools branch?

> My current preference is to try to freeze 2.5 as soon as possible to get
> SSL, NTLM and Digest support out there, which gives the following picture:
>
> Squid-2.5 requirements:
>
> * Bug fixes
> * Some cleanups
> * Documentation
>
> Squid-2.5 maybe, else 2.6.
>
> * automake

If Robert wants to take charge of getting this into 2.5, I'm quite
happy with it going in.

> Squid-2.6 queue:
>
> * chunked mempools
> * automake
> * tosaddracl
> * rproxy
> * optimized COSS
> * external ACL
> * CARP selection cleanups
> * ETag
> * cbdata cleanups
> * refcount data
> * External logging
> [anything forgotten?]
>
> Squid-2.6 open tasks:
>
> * SSL certificate permissions, passwords
> * SSL client (https proxying)
> * SSL browser certificates
> [what else?]

Just do the rewrite and get it over and done with? :)

> So I'd say we are about ready for a 2.6 feature freeze and 2.6.DEVEL1
> almost as 2.5.STABLE1 is out.. time to start planning for Squid-2.7.

*laugh* Thats a quick release schedule. :-)

Adrian