Re: Release Schedule

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:03:04 +0200

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> I think the TOS/sourceaddr stuff should go in there rather quickly.
> Its not that much of an obtrusive change.

Ok. Any other opinions? (I am neutral)

> Dunno about the rest though - I'd like to put in the chunked mempools
> and profile the memory usage. Or, hrm. Andre - care to cvsmerge HEAD
> the chunked mempools branch?

I'd like to wait with the chunked mempools. It is a rather important component.
Also a good reason for many people to upgrade to 26 when it is out.

> If Robert wants to take charge of getting this into 2.5, I'm quite
> happy with it going in.

Requires people testing the generated build environment on various platforms,
to make sure it is no worse than what we have.

> Just do the rewrite and get it over and done with? :)

This is only stuff already in the queue, or quite simple to write. No need for
a rewrite for these.